FAQs for Buying and Selling Precious Metals
Here are the FAQs for Buying and Selling Precious Metals with Dillon Gage.
Opening an account
- What is required to do business with Dillon Gage?
- All first time customers will be asked to fill out an application before placing a buy or sell trade with Dillon Gage. Click here to complete an application online. If you would like an application emailed to you please send a request to email@example.com or you can click here to download one. Upon completion of the application you will be provided with an account number.
- Does it cost anything to open an account with Dillon Gage?
- No. There are no fees for opening an account with Dillon Gage.
Placing an order
- How do I place an order to buy or sell with Dillon Gage?
- We currently offer two options when placing orders. You can call (800) 375-4653 and ask to speak to a trader or register for a FizTrade account by visiting www.fiztrade.com
- Can I place orders with Dillon Gage online?
- Yes, by registering at (www.fiztrade.com) and being approved for a FizTrade account you can place real time trades with Dillon Gage during trading hours.
- Can I change my order?
- Once an order is confirmed and you receive a trade or confirmation number, it is a legal binding order and may be changed only at the discretion of Dillon Gage. This may result in a charge to you for any market changes as well as changes in the premiums or bid/ask prices. We ask that you take time before placing the order to make certain that the product you order is the product you want.
- Can I cancel my order?
- No. Once you receive a trade or confirmation number, the transaction is legal and binding. If do you not wish to fulfill the buy or sell order you have placed, your only option is to offset the transaction. Doing this will incur a charge for market movement, premium changes and differences between the bid and ask prices. Dillon Gage may cancel your order if payment is not received within 7 days. Any losses incurred by Dillon Gage due to market changes are the customer’s responsibility and must be paid in full by you.
- Do you have a minimum order?
- Yes all orders buy or sell should total $10,000 or more.
- Do you charge a commission for placing an order?
- No. The products we sell carry a premium above spot so the price you’re quoted is the price you pay. On a normal order the only additional fee is the shipping charge as explained under the shipping section.
- Can I lock in a price over the phone?
- Yes, once you place a buy or sale order with a trader the price you agree upon will not change and is locked in for the life of the order. Your price is confirmed once you receive an order number.
- How do you determine your pricing?
- For most bullion items our bid and ask prices are based off of Dillon Gage’s spot price at the time of the order. Numismatic items are based on current market conditions.
- Where does the Dillon Gage spot price come from?
- The Dillon Gage spot price is based off the most actively traded futures month. We are directly connected to the market so our spots change continuously from second to second.
- If I receive a quote how long is the price good for?
- If you receive a price quote from a trader without placing an order the quote is subject to change immediately.
- Is there any other way to place an order?
- Yes, you can log into (Fiztrade.com) and receive quotes that are updated every 20 seconds. You can lock in to buy or sell hundreds of precious metals coins and bars. Transaction numbers will be sent to you via email. These transactions are legal and binding just as they are if you placed the order over the phone.
- What forms of payment can I use to pay for my order?
- Dillon Gage accepts bank wires, business or personal checks. At this time we do not accept cash, cashier’s checks, money orders or any debit or credit cards as a form of payment.
- How long will you hold my order before shipping the merchandise?
- When paying with a bank wire your order will normally ship out within 48 hours. For all other forms of payment, we hold the order for a period of 10 -15 business days before your order will ship.
- When do I need to pay for my order?
- All payments should be made within a 24 hour period of placing an order. If mailing a check please have it in the mail the same or next day. If your order has not been paid in full within 7 business days Dillon Gage reserves the right to cancel the order. Any losses incurred will be the responsibility of the customer to pay in full.
- Can I pay with cash?
- No. We do not accept cash as a form of payment for precious metals.
- What forms of payment does Dillon Gage provide if I sell my material to you?
- We pay for most orders with a check sent via US mail for no fee. We can also provide a bank wire, overnight check, or trades upon request. Outgoing bank wires and overnight checks cost $35 each.
- How long will it take to receive payment for my items?
- Payment is usually issued the day after we receive your item(s) in full.
- Where can I find bank wire instructions and information?
- Bank wire information can be emailed or faxed to you upon request. Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (800) 375-4653.
- How will my items be shipped?
- Dillon Gage uses registered mail with United States Post Office to ship to residential locations. Wholesale customers can ask their trader about other shipping options.
- Do you charge for shipping?
- Yes all orders less than our stated minimums are subject to a $25 fee for shipping.
- Will I need to sign for my package?
- Yes. Your signature is required before a registered package will be delivered.
- How long will it take before I receive my product?
- While it can vary, based on geographic location and post office delays, we find that most orders shipped with registered insurance take 4-8 business days to reach their final destination.
RefiningPlease refer to our refining section found here.
- Do you have questions about “special deals on tons of African gold dust”?
- Click here for a detailed analysis.
- What are your hours of operations?
- With the exception of holidays our normal hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 8:00AM to 5:30PM and Friday 8:00AM to 5:00PM Central time.
- Can I pick up or drop off my items in person?
- Yes, we do allow customers to pickup and drop off at our physical locations. Our doors are open for local customers from 8:00AM to 4:30PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Central time on Friday. You can find a map and directions on our contact us page.
- Does Dillon Gage offer advice or suggestions on the future of the metals market?
- Since no one really knows what tomorrow may bring, our traders do not speculate on the future of the markets.
- Is Dillon Gage Patriot Act compliant?
- Yes, we follow all applicable federal laws and procedures.